Horse –riding in St Paul’s
St Paul’s school bring pupils to Castlewhite riding centre in Waterfall every Thursday morning for a Horse-riding lesson. Generally pupils in the senior end of the school attend for a block of six sessions. We are very grateful to Castlewhite for providing lessons to our pupils at a fraction of the cost. We are also very lucky that two of the parents in the school have volunteered to help out so that pupils can access this wonderful activity.
Horse-riding is fantastic for our pupils on so many levels. It offers the opportunity to;
- Become more comfortable around animals and experience the farm environment
- Learn a new skill, with opportunities for accessing Special Olympics
- Develop trust and self –confidence
- Access the wider community, improve social skills and broaden social experiences.
- Improve communication, listening skills and turn-taking.